Yep, That is the World Series trophy.

Yep, That is the World Series trophy.
I know... you're jealous. It's ok. Just repent of your sin and become a Cardinal fan.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wait a second...

wasn't it just June 1??? And suddenly it's the June 21. Man this month has been a whirlwind. It started off innocently enough. But then we had the Arthur Days Festival (complete with massive flooding). And then the CFN Family Conference (which was awesome). And then I went and spent two days with the Bill Allison fam (sans Emily, currently out of state). And during that trip, Jenn was in Missouri with fam all week. Which leads us to today... which just happens to be Kaylee's 2nd birthday. And during all of this we're trying to finish strong in our missions trips while planning a whole new missions venture. As Kaylee would say "Goodness Gracious". All I ask is for a moment to breathe, ha.

But then I was reading an email from a friend, which lead me to a website with a video. In the video there was a quote. "Perserverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another." -Walter Elliot This got me thinking. I often think of life as a marathon and that's true. But no one runs a marathon with just the finish line in mind. I've run distance races before (not a marathon, I'm not into self-torture, lol) and I've never run with just the finish in mind. I always break it down into parts, both to keep it simpler and to keep the task not so daunting. "If I can make it just to that turn" "ok, just five more reps" "ok, that's good, now just another lap" stuff like that. And I'm one to do that in life too, just never thought of it in that regard. Of course, I'm in the middle of one heck of a stretch of "short races". Some days it's overwhelming and I'm just tired. But I also know that it's part of my marathon, and I want to finish strong. Plus I know that God has called Jennifer and I to this, and like I said in the last post, "My daddy sent me to do this, he must think I can handle it" and that gives me strength and faith.

Yup, I'm just rambling today, but that's what happens when I don't sleep for a week. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment