Yep, That is the World Series trophy.

Yep, That is the World Series trophy.
I know... you're jealous. It's ok. Just repent of your sin and become a Cardinal fan.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hail to the dorks!

Recently, I have been accused of being a dork more often that usual (which is saying a lot). Why am I being called a dork? Because I am a proud Belegarth participant. What is belegarth? Well, think paintball, but instead of guns and paint, we use foam swords and shields (and clubs, flails, javelins, etc.) That's right, I sword fight. And this isn't cute cuddly foam, but industrial strength stuff... the kind that leave bruises... BIG bruises. :D Now I don't care if I'm called a dork, I know who I am and have no problem with it, infact I probably embrace it a bit too much. But this got me thinking... which is it better to be a "cool" person or a "dorky" one? Who has more power really? Who could survive without the other? I know some "cool" people and obviously am aware of at least a few "cool" people on the larger society scale... and you know what I notice? They set trends. Like clothing, gadgets, etc. But did they create such clothing, gadgets, etc.? NO! THE DORKS DID! Where would "cool" people be without the dorks? They'd be nothing. Hail to the dorks! :D That is all. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. And then there are some really cool people that just have "dorky" days. I don't know where I fit in, but you definitely have me thinking. Thanks for the thought provoking, in depth words in this most wise blog.

    Ok, I guess I just figured out I too am a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, thanks for the laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete