Yep, That is the World Series trophy.

Yep, That is the World Series trophy.
I know... you're jealous. It's ok. Just repent of your sin and become a Cardinal fan.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

One down... seven to go

Well, Jennifer (and most of my immediate family) left for India last night. They departed O'hare at 8:30. So it's just me and Kaylee at home. (And grandma at her house, but my aunt is coming to take care of her... supposedly.) The first night went about as badly as could be expected, ha. Kaylee wouldn't lie down cause she wanted "mommy" and finally fell asleep at 10:30. She didn't sleep well and kept making noises like she was waking up, so I didn't sleep well. And decided it was time to get up at 6:30 this morning. Of course she wasn't quite awake, so she wasn't tracking real well. In a matter of a few minutes we went from wanting to play with blocks, to wanting to play outside with bubbles (at 6:45 a.m. in the middle of a torrential downpour), to wanting crackers for breakfast, then pizza, then just milk. And to top it all off her pull-up was pretty full so we went to change it and she peed all over the floor before I could get her on the potty. Fun times. Please pray we both survive. In all seriousness, just pray she sleeps well. She usually likes to cuddle with mommy in the mornings and the concept of "mommies on a trip" isn't taking. Neither is "grandma and papa are on the trip too". My only real worry is I'll be so tired that I'll be zombie-fied while leading worship/preaching tomorrow. On the bright side, we play lots and her favorite game right now is to take off running when I'm changing her in the bathroom. She really is cute as she's running around butt naked, giggling and repeating "I'm a stinker" while I chase her. You can't help but laugh. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment