Yep, That is the World Series trophy.

Yep, That is the World Series trophy.
I know... you're jealous. It's ok. Just repent of your sin and become a Cardinal fan.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Until we meet again...

Well, I just got done helping my youngest brother, Nick, pack up the u-haul and prep to move to Kansas City. It is a bitter sweet moment. I cannot express how proud I am to be his brother. Nick is a solid young man, well-mannered and compassionate, intelligent, good looking and humble. He is also one of the funniest guys I know (both intentionally and unintentionally) and simply hilarious to be around. I've been spoiled the last few weeks having him live with Mom and Dad next door. Whether we are watching a movie, playing a game or going somewhere it's ALWAYS more interesting with Nick around. And now he's moving 6 hours away. I'm sad. But I also know this is just a taste of what's to come. At some point he is going to move to another country (more than likely Africa) and it's gonna be a bit trickier to visit. I will visit, but certainly not as much as I'd like. However, I'm really ok with that for a very specific reason. Which brings me to my thought for the day.

One of the things I love about my walk with Jesus is knowing that anyone who has a relationship with Him will one day be in Heaven. And while there are a HUGE number of people I love here on earth but I don't get to see much if ever, I will meet them one day in Heaven and there will be no more separation. That is such an indescribable blessing. I have friends on both coasts, different continents and every place in-between, and if I never got to see them again it would break my heart, and I'm so grateful that is not the case. So if you are reading this and I haven't seen you face to face for awhile, know this... I can't wait to see you face to face in heaven. It's gonna be a blast. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment